APRN AdventHealth Medical Group
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide services similar to those of a physician.
- Examine patients, take medical histories, maintain patient records, identify health risk factors, prescribe medications, make referrals and otherwise treat health conditions.
- Sees patients both in the hospital setting and practice setting.
- Depending on surgical specialty, may work with assigned physician(s) in endoscopy or OR
- Assists with in-office procedures with physician and or may perform minor procedures independently.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external patients and customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Exhibits respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships within the practice and other departments.
- Demonstrate Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork through daily interactions with patients and their families, and with the medical staff.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations and identifying any medical conditions.
- Obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories of patients.
- Determines abnormalities by administering and/or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
- Interpreting test results of patients.
- Able to provide pre and post-operative care, if applicable. This would apply if PA is located in a surgical practice.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients.
- Document patient care services by charting in the patient and department records.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Focus on patient wellness and disease prevention.
- Provide health education services and/or counsel patients on how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Will need to work weekdays, occasional weekends and nights for call coverage.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Proactively support a culture of safety and quality to protect our patients and employees.
- Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines, HIPAA, and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth, i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains certifications, attend co
Named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by IBM Watson Health, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing and wellness. The hospital's 52-acre campus includes 145 private rooms, state-of-the-art facilities, and advanced medical technology. With a health and wellness center; Inspiration Place for women's health; The Baby Place® for labor, delivery and postpartum care; 24-hour emergency department; cardiac rehab; robotic surgery capabilities; and a wound care center offering hyperbaric oxygen therapy, it's our mission to cover your every medical need in Wesley Chapel.
About Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay is the heart of Florida's Gulf coast. Our community is culturally diverse and a wonderful place to raise a family. The area is home to excellent public and private schools and is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of South Florida and University of Tampa. Tampa Bay features multiple theaters, museums, and festivals, as well as many family-friendly attractions like Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, The Florida Aquarium, ZooTampa and Bok Tower Gardens. We are well known for our excellent restaurants with a wide range of cuisine as rich as our history. The city has a vibrant sports community with national teams like the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, MLB's Tampa Bay Rays, and NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We offer year-round pleasant weather for outdoor fun at our many state parks and are home to some of the nation's top beaches.
- Tampa Bay Parks and Recreation
- Tampa Bay Chamber
- Hillsborough County
- Pasco County
- Pinellas County
- Hernando County